Sat 23rd March, 11am - 9pm
Julu Irvine and Heg Brignall, of folk duo Suthering, lead this joyful and engaging harmony singing course. Their hugely popular Suthering Singing Retreats come to Creative Beings for a fun-filled day exploring singing traditional and contemporary folk songs in choral harmony. Let’s create incredible music together!
You will learn singing and breathing techniques to apply to folk songs arranged by Heg and Julu, in four-part harmony. You will also get the chance to sing candle-lit (or fireside) songs in an informal singaround setting.
ON THIS COURSE YOU CAN:
- Learn easy rounds, loops and warm-up songs
- Learn more challenging folk songs in a cappella harmony, to expand your skills
- Build confidence
- Explore singing and breathing techniques
- Improve harmony singing skills
- Enjoy the fun and joy of a folk singaround by candle-light (or around a campfire)
Aimed at adults (18+) with some singing experience (not essential). Beginners welcome.
Creative Beings CIC, The Old Rectory, Awliscombe, Devon, EX14 3PJ
£95 fee includes tutors, meals, refreshments
Some B&B available at The Old Rectory - ask about options.
PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY
- Cuppa and introductions
- Singing workshop with warm-ups, easy rounds, breathing techniques,
- learning folk songs in harmony
- Interspersed with light lunch and cake breaks
- Make recordings for participants to keep
- Walk and sing in the Food Forest (bring warm clothes & boots)
- Candle-lit song-share & singaround led by Julu & Heg.
- (If the weather is mild and dry, we might gather around a bonfire.)
- Finish around 9pm
Scroll to the top of this page to book.